5. Use of WMS in MapServer#
For many years, the standardization and interoperability of GIS applications have been concerned and actively engaged in by all organizations and individuals, including governments, enterprises, institutions and groups. Under the common concern of the whole society represented by OGC, the standardization work of GIS industry, including WebGIS, has made great progress.
The functions of MapServer are all introduced in a more traditional way. At present, the form of WebGIS may be more in the form of map services, and MapServer also supports most map services at present. The most basic of these is WMS, used for map publishing.
- 5.1. OWSlib Introduction and Installation
- 5.2. WMS service with
- 5.3. Use WMS Services GetMap in MapServer
- 5.4. WMS GetFeatureInfo access
- 5.5. Use MapServer as a WMS client
- 5.6. Draw maps with style layer
- 5.7. WMS layers use SLD
- 5.8. WMS layer metadata